My debut novel, Elatsoe, is here!!! Elatsoe has received 5 starred reviews (Kirkus Reviews, Publishers Weekly, Booklist, BookPage, and Shelf Awareness) and is a New England Book Award (Young Adult) finalist. It was also listed by Time Magazine as one of the 100 BEST FANTASY BOOKS OF ALL TIME and by Publishers Weekly as one of the BEST BOOKS OF 2020 – wow!!! Thank you for the support!
Marvel Voices: Indigenous Voices #1: I wrote the Dani Moonstar story “Multifaceted” with art by Kyle Charles!
Description: “Opposites attract? Elakshi and Adam Land aren’t married. In fact, a month ago, they were perfect strangers, dwelling in lands foreign to one another. But now, they’re forced to remain by one another’s side, for their separation could mean the planet’s demise. Their greatest challenge is to stay together — even if they have to tear the world apart to do so.”
Behold: strange short fiction by DLB!
- “Story for a Bottle” in Love After the End ed. by Joshua Whitehead (2020)
- “Venom and Bite” in Glitter + Ashes: Queer Tales of a World that Wouldn’t Die ed. by dave ring (2020)
- “The Orphan of Greenridge (Water)” in The Dystopia Triptych (book 1; Ignorance is Strength), ed. by John Joseph Adams, Hugh Howey, and Christine Yant (2020)
- “How to Use Your Visor Evacuation Helper to Escape an Active Warzone (Fire)” in The Dystopia Triptych (book 2; Burn the Ashes), ed. by John Joseph Adams, Hugh Howey, and Christine Yant (2020)
- “Making Faces (Earth)” in The Dystopia Triptych (book 3; Or Else the Light), ed. by John Joseph Adams, Hugh Howey, and Christine Yant (2020)
- “Unlike Most Tides” in Drabblecast 425 (2020) Listen/read online here!
- “Litmus Flowers” in Moonshot: The Indigenous Comics Collection, Volume Three
- “Grace” and “Homecoming” (Take the Mic: Fictional Stories of Everyday Resistance, ed. Bethany C. Morrow, Scholastic).
- “Robo-Liopleurodon!” ROBOT DINOSAURS (2018)!!! Read online here!
- “Kelsey and the Burdened Breath” New Suns. Check it out!
- “The Whalebone Parrot” in The Dark Magazine (October 2017). Read online here!
- “Worst Bargain in Town” in Moonshot: The Indigenous Comics Collection, Volume Two. Check it out!
- Moonshot was reviewed by Erika T. Wurth: https://medium.com/anomalyblog/moonshot-the-indigenous-comics-collection-volume-2-9b412f74b9c9
- “Owl vs. The Neighborhood Watch” in Strange Horizons (2017). Read online here!
- “The Famine King” in Mythic Delirium 3.3 (2017) Warning: Horror! Read online here!
- Discussed by A.C. Wise in Women to Read
- “Black, Their Regalia” in Lightspeed Magazine’s POC Destroy Fantasy! (2016) Read online here! SIPPY AWARD WINNER! 😀
- Charles Payseur reviews “Black, Their Regalia” in Quick Sip Reviews: http://quicksipreviews.blogspot.com/2016/12/quick-sips-fantasy-60-people-of-colour.html
- “Skinwalker, Fast-Talker” in No Sh!t, There I Was, an anthology of short speculative fiction. (2017) Goodreads page!
- Described by NSTIW editor Alex Acks at Sound and Nerdery: http://katsudon.net/?p=4881
- “Their Laughing Gale” in Spirit’s Tincture Inaugural Issue (2016)
- “Né łe!” in Love Beyond Body, Space, and Time (2016) – Read online!
- Reviewed by Maureen Kincaid Speller at Strange Horizons: Read Here!
- “When Whales Fall” The Colored Lens (2016) – Read online here
- “The Girl Turns West” Mirror Dance Magazine (2015)
- “The Sea Under Texas” Quantum Fairy Tales Issue #11 (2015) –
- “Nkásht íí” in Strange Horizons (2014) – Read online here!
- Amal El-Mohtar reviews “Nkásht íí” in Rich and Strange: http://www.tor.com/blogs/2014/12/rich-and-strange-nkasht-ii-by-darcie-little-badger
- Check out this double review by Charles Payseur & Nicky Magas in Tangent: http://www.tangentonline.com/e-market-weekly-reviewsmenu-264/strange-horizons-reviewsmenu-112/2611-strange-horizons-december-15-2014
- Nkásht íí appeared in Heiresses of Russ 2015!
- “Siren Song” in Dark Eclipse #34 (2014)
- “First Ride of the Day” in Vignettes from the End of the World (2013)
- To Sleep in Fiction 365 (2012) – Read online here!
Behold: Nonfiction by DLB!
- When Danger is Announced (Nightmare Magazine, August 2019)
Decolonizing Science Fiction And Imagining Futures: An Indigenous Futurisms Roundtable In Strange Horizons (Issue 30, January 2017) with Rebecca Roanhorse, Elizabeth LaPensee, and Johnnie Jae
Writer’s Manifesto: Interview With Darcie Little Badger In Cicada Magazine (July/August 2017)